Jason Guisinger is a partner at Klein, Thorpe & Jenkins. He focuses his practice in the areas of municipal law, school law, election law, land use and zoning and public sector labor and employment law and spends a significant amount of time representing public entities, police officers, firefighters and public officials in litigation at all levels of State and Federal courts.
Jason is also a regular speaker and author on issues of legal concern to units of local government in Illinois.
Jason received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana in 2002 and his Juris Doctor degree from the Michigan State University College of Law in 2005. Jason is admitted to practice in the state of Illinois, the Northern District of Illinois and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Awards and Recognition
- Jason is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, and has been named a Leading Lawyer in “Governmental, Municipal, Lobbying and Administrative Law” and “Election, Political and Campaign Law” by Law Bulletin Media, a peer-recommended distinction awarded to fewer than 5% of attorneys in Illinois from 2015—2021.
- He was also recognized by the South Suburban Bar Association for outstanding service as the SSBA President in 2009.
- “Contracts and Intergovernmental Cooperation” – author, Illinois School Law, Organization, Finance and Property, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2017 Edition
- “Tort Liability of School District” – author, Illinois School Law, Organization, Finance and Property, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2017 Edition
- “Zoning Controls – Regulating Land Use” – author, Illinois Land Use Law, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2017 Edition
- Building Regulations – author, Illinois Land Use Law, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education Practice Volumes, 2017 Edition
- “Navigating the Labyrinth: Work Related Injuries, and the Workers’ Compensation Act, FMLA and ADA” – author, Illinois Municipal Review Journal, 2017
- The Sunshine Laws, Open Meetings Acts and Freedom of Information Acts – co-author, Illinois Municipal League, 2016 Edition
- Manual on Liquor Licensing and Regulation – co-author, Illinois Municipal League, 2011 Edition
- Manual on Police and Fire Disciplinary Matters – co-author, Illinois Municipal League, 2010 Edition
- Blurred Lines: Off Duty Conduct & Social Media – IPELRA Conference, October 24, 2017
- Sexual Harassment and Transgender Issues in the Workplace: A Guide to Sensitivity, Prevention, and Detection –Illinois Library Association Annual Conference, October 12, 2017
- Library Board of Trustees Meetings: Proper Procedures and Compliance with the Open Meetings Act – Illinois Library Association Annual Conference, October 12, 2017
- Illinois Municipal League Annual Conference, Elected Officials Seminar
- Illinois Municipal League Annual Conference, Attorneys Seminar
- League of Women Voters Workshops (Chicago Area)
- Northern Illinois University Civic Leadership Academy Seminars on Collective Bargaining
- Illinois City/Village Officials’ Trainings and Workshops
- Illinois Local School District Officials’ and Staff Trainings and Workshops
- Jason is currently a member of the Illinois Local Government Lawyers Association.