Howard Jablecki is a partner with Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd., where he concentrates his practice in the areas of municipal law and litigation. He counsels municipal entities on areas pertaining to the daily operation of local government, such as contract matters, risk management, employment issues and preparation of local legislation.
Howard currently serves as the City Attorney for the City of Highwood, Assistant Village Attorney for the Village of Schaumburg and Village of Palos Park, local prosecutor for several municipal clients and represents numerous local governmental clients in litigation matters in both state and federal courts.
Howard received his B.A. in Economics, cum laude, from Ripon College in 2001 and his J.D. from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2006, where he was recognized for his excellence in trial advocacy and was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society. Howard is admitted to practice in Illinois, the United States District Court for both the Northern District and Central District of Illinois and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Howard is a Director of the Illinois Local Government Lawyers Association and Chair of its Municipal Prosecutors Group. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the Illinois Local Government Lawyers Association.
- Howard is on the Board of Directors for a non-profit youth sports organization Southside Storm Youth Lacrosse and also coaches youth lacrosse.
Awards and Recognition
- Howard was included on the Illinois Super Lawyer Rising Star list in 2012—2019. Only 2.5% of the total attorneys under the age of 40 in Illinois earn this designation.
- Howard has been named an Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers, a division of Law Bulletin Media, every year since 2015. This distinction is conferred on less than 2% of attorneys in each state.
Illinois Municipal League
- The Manual on Home Rule vs. Non-Home Rule
- Forms of Municipal Government
- Police & Fire Disciplinary Matters
- Financing Municipal Improvements
- Sunshine Laws
- Municipal Business Regulation, Taxation and Licensing
Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Handbook on the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Open Meetings Act (OMA)
- Howard regularly speaks at seminars and conferences on issues relating to municipal law.