Mallory Milluzzi is a partner with Klein, Thorpe, and Jenkins, Ltd. Ms. Milluzzi received a Bachelor of Arts in English from Ohio University in 2008 and her Juris Doctorate from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2011. Ms. Milluzzi also received a Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution certification from Chicago-Kent.
Ms. Milluzzi counsels school districts and municipalities. Ms. Milluzzi counsels public bodies on the Freedom of Information Act, Open Meetings Act, social medial issues, zoning, PSEBA, and general municipal and school law issues. She has provided statutory required school board member training to districts across the State and regularly provides training to clients on FOIA, OMA and social media policies.
Ms. Milluzzi has litigated a range of claims on behalf of her clients including claims involving PSEBA, the First Amendment, civil rights and Section 1983, ordinance violations, breach of contract, property damage, the Freedom of Information Act and administrative review. She represents public bodies in property tax matters before county Boards of Review, PTAB and the circuit court.
Ms. Milluzzi was selected as an Emerging Lawyer in 2016, 2017, and 2018 by the Leading Lawyers Network, a distinction received by less than 2% of Illinois attorneys.
Illinois Association of School Boards
• Letting the Sunshine In: School Board Meetings and Records (2017)
Illinois Municipal League
• The Sunshine Laws, Open Meetings Act and Freedom of Information Act (2016)
• Manual on Municipal Forms of Government (2014)
• Financing Municipal Improvements (2016)
Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education Practice (IICLE)
• Land Use Law: Special Topics, Chapter 1 “Building Regulations” (2016), Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education Practice
Journal of the Illinois Institute for Local Government Law
• Recent Recurrent Requestor Amendment to the Freedom of Information Act, December 2011
• Illinois Alliance of Administrators of Special Education, Fall 2017 Conference – “The 504
• Illinois Alliance of Administrators of Special Education, Winter 2018 Conference – “The 504 You Don’t Expect”
• Illinois Municipal League, Annual Conference, Fall 2017– “Can You Hear Me Now?: Telecommunications Regulation Update”
• Illinois Municipal League, Annual Conference, Fall 2017 – “Navigating FOIA & OMA: The Changing Landscape”
• Illinois Library Association Annual Conference, Fall 2017 – “Sexual Harassment and Transgender Issues in the Workplace: A Guide to Sensitivity, Prevention, and Detection”
• Illinois Library Association Annual Conference, Fall 2017 – “Mock Library Board Meeting”
• WILCO, Spring 2017, “Legal Odds and Ends”
• Lorman, July 2017 “FOIA & Surveillance Webinar”
• LEND, May 2016 – “Transgender Student Issues”
• Illinois Municipal League, 2017 Municipal Attorneys Seminar – “FOIA & OMA Update: Avoiding Compliance Pitfalls”
• Illinois Municipal League, Annual Conference, Fall 2016 – “FOIA & OMA Update: Avoiding Compliance Pitfalls”
• League of Women Voters of the LaGrange Area, November 15, 2015 – “Getting & Staying on the Ballot”
• NIU Civic Leadership, January 2015 – “FOIA, Local Records Act and OMA”
• IASB, School Board Training Seminars, Summer 2015
• Joint Annual Conference of IASB/IASA/Illinois ASBO, Fall 2013 – “Presentation on PERA”
• Illinois Municipal League, Annual Conference, Fall 2014 – “FOIA & OMA Update: Avoiding Compliance Pitfalls”
• Illinois Municipal League, Annual Conference, Fall 2013 – “"Freedom of Information Act/Open Meetings Act Update"
• Illinois Municipal League, Annual Conference, Fall 2013 -- “Mock Village Board Meeting”
Ms. Milluzzi frequently presents on FOIA, OMA, Ethics, zoning and social media issues. Additionally she regularly provides clients with training for newly elected officials, including FOIA, OMA, Ethics, bidding issues and conflicts, as well as providing staff with training on FOIA and social media issues.