Since 1968, Terrence Barnicle has been a member of the firm of Klein, Thorpe & Jenkins, Ltd. and has focused his work in the area of school and municipal law. He also has lectured frequently on both municipal and school law.
- Terry is presently a member of the Illinois and Chicago Bar Associations. He has served as Chairman of the School Law Subcommittee and Chairman of the Local Government Committee of the Chicago Bar Association.
- He has served as the Chairman of the Home Rule Attorneys Standing Committee of the Illinois Municipal League.
- Terry has lobbied before the General Assembly on school, municipal and local governmental bills of interest and has also served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Great Books Foundation.
Awards and Recognition
- Terry was recently selected as one of the leading lawyers in Illinois in the government related field for excellence in municipal law, as reported in Crain’s Chicago.
- He has also received the Distinguished Service Award for Lifetime Achievement from the Illinois Institute for Local Government Law in recognition of Distinguished Service to local governments throughout his career.
Illinois Municipal League
- Manual on Illinois’ Sunshine Laws – Co-Author
- Manual on Conflict of Interest and Liability of Illinois Elected Municipal Officials – Co-Author
- Manual on Municipal Forms of Government – Co-Author
- Manual on Police and Fire Disciplinary Matters – Co-Author
Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- 2-volume work on School Law – Co-Editor
- “Finance and Tax” Chapter for the practice handbook on Illinois Municipal Law – Co-Author
- “Contracts and Intergovernmental Affairs” Chapter for the practice handbook on Illinois School Law – Co-Author
- Formal Dismissal Procedures under Illinois Teacher Tenure Laws – co-author, Illinois Association of School Boards
- “New Illinois Law Regulates Employee Records” special report – Author
- “Bond and Note Registration – The Effect of TEFRA” – Author, Illinois Municipal Review and the Illinois School Board Journal
- Terry has presented for numerous organizations on matters relating to municipal, school and election law, special districts and real estate and land use.