Patrick Lucansky has practiced municipal law for over 45 years and is a past Chairman of the Home Rule Attorneys Committee of the Illinois Municipal League. He has represented five library districts, two sanitary districts and three village libraries. In the past, Patrick has represented numerous municipal entities including:
- The City of Countryside·
- The City of Des Plaines
- The Village of Kildeer
- The Village of Lincolnshire
- The Village of Lombard
- The Village of Wheeling
- The Oak Park Housing Authority
Prior to practicing law, Patrick was an Associate Professor of Law at Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Patrick received a B.S.C. degree from DePaul University in 1959 and a J.D. degree from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1964. He was awarded a full law school scholarship and received nine awards for excellence in courses taken, graduating first in his class with high honors, and was a member of the Chicago-Kent Law Review staff. In addition, Patrick was president of his senior class. He has been admitted to the bars of the State of Illinois, the U.S. District Court, Northern Districts of Illinois and Wisconsin and the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Patrick is a member of the Illinois Bar Association.
- Patrick is a former Chairman of the Home Rule Attorneys Committee of the Illinois Municipal League
Awards and Recognition
- Patrick was an Illinois Super Lawyer in 2005—2011, based on nomination, evaluation of professional achievements and selection by a panel of attorneys in the applicable practice area. Only 5% of the total attorneys in each state receive the Super Lawyers designation.
- Patrick has a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent/Distinguished peer rating, indicating the highest ranking in legal ability and ethical standards as determined by peers in the legal community.
Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Chapter 6: “Planned Unit Developments” – co-author
- Chapter 3: “Variations, Special Uses, and Appeals from Administrative Decisions” – co-author, Illinois Land Use Law[JS1]
- Chapter 2: “Zoning Controls: Legislative and Judicial” – co-author, Illinois Land Use Law
- Three Volume set entitled “Illinois Municipal Law”[JS2]
- Chapter 21: “Special Assessment and Special Service Areas” – co-author, Illinois Municipal Law[JS3]
Illinois Municipal League
- Financing Municipal Improvements – co-author
- Handbook on Practice and Procedure in Police and Fire Disciplinary Matters – co-author
- Manual on Conflicts of Interest and Liability of Illinois’ Elected Municipal Officials – co-author
- Manual on Illinois “Sunshine Laws” and Manual on Municipal Forms of Government – co-author
- Illinois Municipal Review article on financing of municipal improvements
- Illinois Municipal Review article on solicitation of contributions on public streets and towing of vehicles
- “Towing and Due Process” – co-author, Du Page County Lawyers Bulletin
- Illinois State Bar Journal co-authored on drug paraphernalia
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education on special assessments, special service areas, planned unit development and municipal finance in business and economic development
- Guest speaker at the 7th Annual Conference on §1983 Civil Rights Liability, put on jointly by the Chicago-Kent College of Law, the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education and the American Bar Association
- Participated in the 8th, 9th and 10th Annual Conferences in March, 1991, 1992 and 1993
- Guest speaker on behalf of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Community Affairs
- Guest speaker on behalf of the Illinois Municipal League and other governmental organizations and agencies