Patrick A. Lucansky:
Patrick A. Lucansky received a B.S.C. degree from DePaul University in 1959 and a J.D. degree from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1964. He was awarded a full law school scholarship and received nine awards for excellence in courses taken, graduating first in his class with high honors, and was a member of the Chicago-Kent Law Review Staff. In addition, Mr. Lucansky was president of his senior class. Prior to practicing law, Mr. Lucansky was an Associate Professor of Law at Chicago-Kent College of Law. He has been admitted to the bars of the State of Illinois, the U.S. District Court, Northern Districts of Illinois and Wisconsin and the Supreme Court of the United States. He is a member of the Illinois Bar Association.
Mr. Lucansky has practiced municipal law for over forty-five (45) years, and is a past Chairman of the Home Rule Attorneys Committee of the Illinois Municipal League. He also represented five library districts, two sanitary districts and three village libraries. In the past, Patrick Lucansky has represented the Cities of Countryside and Des Plaines, the Villages of Kildeer, Lincolnshire, Lombard and Wheeling and the Oak Park Housing Authority.
Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Volume entitled "Illinois Land Use Law"
- Co-authored Chapter 6 entitled "Planned Unit Developments".
- Co-authored Chapter 2, entitled "Zoning Controls: Legislative and Judicial".
- Three Volume set entitled "Illinois Municipal Law"
- Co-authored Chapter 21, entitled "Special Assessment and Special Service Areas"
Illinois Municipal League
- Co-authored Financing Municipal Improvements;
- Co-authored the Handbook on Practice and Procedure in Police and Fire Disciplinary Matters;
- Co-authored the Manual on Conflicts of Interest and Liability of Illinois' Elected Municipal Officials;
- Co-authored the Manual on Illinois "Sunshine Laws" and Manual on Municipal Forms of Government.
- Illinois Municipal Review article on financing of municipal improvements,
- Illinois Municipal Review article on solicitation of contributions on public streets and towing of vehicles.
- Du Page County Lawyers Bulletin co-authored entitled "Towing and Due Process"
- Illinois State Bar Journal co-authored on drug paraphernalia
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education on special assessments, special service areas, planned unit development and municipal finance in business and economic development.
- Guest speaker at the 7th Annual Conference on §1983 Civil Rights Liability, put on jointly by the Chicago-Kent College of Law, the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education and the American Bar Association,
- Participated in the 8th, 9th and 10th Annual Conferences in March, 1991, 1992 and 1993.
- Guest speaker on behalf of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Community Affairs
- Guest speaker on behalf of the Illinois Municipal League and other governmental organizations and agencies.