Jason A. Guisinger
Jason A. Guisinger is a partner with the Chicago law firm of Klein, Thorpe & Jenkins. Jason is a graduate of the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana and the Michigan State University College of Law. He focuses his practice in the areas of municipal law, school law, election law, land use and zoning and public sector labor and employment law. Jason spends a significant amount of time representing public entities, police officers, firefighters and public officials in litigation at all levels of State and Federal court. Jason is also a regular speaker and author on issues of legal concern to units of local government in the State of Illinois.
Jason has been recognized as a “Leading “Lawyer” in 2015-2017 in the areas of “Governmental, Municipal, Lobbying and Administrative Law” and “Election, Political and Campaign Law.” Jason has been recognized by the South Suburban Bar Association for outstanding service as the SSBA President in 2009.
Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education Practice Volumes• “Contracts and Intergovernmental Cooperation”, Author, Illinois School Law, Organization, Finance and Property (2017)
• “Tort Liability of School Districts”, Author, Illinois School Law, Organization, Finance and Property
• “Zoning Controls - Regulating Land Use”, Author, Illinois Land Use Law (2017)
• “Building Regulations”, Author, Illinois Land Use Law (2017)
Illinois Municipal Review Journal• “Navigating the Labyrinth: Work Related Injuries, and the Workers’ Compensation Act, FMLA and ADA”, Author (2017)
Illinois Municipal League• The Sunshine Laws, Open Meetings Acts and Freedom of Information Acts, Co-Author (2016)
• Manual on Liquor Licensing and Regulation, Co-Author (2011)
• Manual on Police and Fire Disciplinary Matters, Co-Author (2010)
Presentations• IPELRA Conference, “Blurred Lines: Off Duty Conduct & Social Media”, October 24th, 2017.
• Illinois Library Association Annual Conference – “Sexual Harassment and Transgender Issues in the Workplace: A Guide to Sensitivity, Prevention, and Detection”, October 12th, 2017.
• Illinois Library Association Annual Conference, “Library Board of Trustees Meetings: Proper Procedures and Compliance with the Open Meetings Act”, October 12th, 2017.
• Illinois Municipal League Annual Conference, Elected Officials Seminar
• Illinois Municipal League Annual Conference, Attorneys Seminar
• League of Women Voters Workshops (Chicago Area)
• Northern Illinois University Civic Leadership Academy Seminars on Collective Bargaining
• Illinois City/Village Officials’ Trainings and Workshops
• Illinois Local School District Officials’ and Staff Trainings and Workshops